So this week’s theme is trivia, and I’ve decided to make a game of it. Below are ten random facts about me, and one completely made-up non-fact. If at least one person correctly guesses which of the trivia bits is untrue, I will post a horrifyingly embarrassing picture of myself at age 13 or so.
ETA: We have a winner! Scroll down to see thirteen-year-old J being a huge dork at summer camp courtesy of Jessica Spotswood’s keen deduction and/or random guesswork.
1) I spent some of my formative years in Australia.
2) I can read Latin.
3) I was nearly kidnapped when I was six.
4) I’ve never sent or received a text.
5) I’ve touched the Liberty Bell and held Lewis & Clark’s original hand-written journal.
6) I wrote six novels before I turned eighteen.
7) I know how to drive a stick shift and how to change my own oil.
8) I was a teenage mother.
9) I have never taken out a student loan even though I have three postsecondary degrees. Wrong! I do have three postsecondary degrees, but they did not come without loans.
10) I was twenty-five before I drank alcohol or visited a bar.
11) My first job was in a meat-packing facility.
Thanks for playing!